Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday Late Lunch | Mushroom Quiche

I've been CRAVING mushrooms...and you really can't go wrong with quiche. I found this recipe and decided to give it a shot.
(The pic is from the website)

Mushrooms used:
1/4 lb ~ Lions Mane
1/4 lb ~ Large Shitake
1/2 lb ~ Brown Buttons

I didn't have any nutmeg, so we managed without. I bought a pack of two deep dish pie crusts, 9" each. I made the recipe over by about 15% to fill up both of the pie tins. Cut the guyere with about 2 oz's of smoked mozzarella. Definitely going to have to get more of that. Mmmm...

After the 30 minutes listed cooking time, they needed 1o more to truly brown and have the center well set. I left them a little undone for the re-heating to come over the week as they fill the void on the non-sit down to the table together nights.

These were great!!! da Man ate half a pie tin! Totally on the make again list. Yummy!!!

No comments: