- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- One 14 1/2-ounce can fire-roasted or stewed tomatoes with chiles
- 6 baby (new) Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 ounces), quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large pot, combine all ingredients. Stir to mix and nestle the potatoes into the liquid.
2. Set the pot, uncovered, over medium heat. Simmer for about 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Serve the curry in bowls over Jasmine rice.